Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Kristen: 8 & 9 of 15

Title: Torn
Author: Amanda Hocking
Pages: 356

Title: Ascend
Author: Amanda Hocking
Pages: 294

So these are the final 2 books in the Thrylle trilogy.  When I picked the first one at random off the Amazon top 10 book list I just thought the cover was eye catching and it sounded like an interesting story.  I didn't realize I was picking a book out of the Young Adult section.  OK, so I just read 3 books that were written for teenagers and up... no biggie.  It's not like I was going to stop once I found out, they were too darn good.  I'll admit it.  I enjoyed them.  I'll still recommend them.  They were enthralling books.  I mean you've gotta be captivating to get a teeni-boppers attention for 3 books in a row, right?  Hello, I'm the girl who started out this blog with a review about Harry Potter & I've read every book in the Twilight series (the final one twice).  I'm not too grown up for any books, as long as they have a good story.

It does seem that these books may have been rushed a bit into print, the second one especially, as it's chock full of errors.  But if you can get past that, you'll probably really enjoy theses.

I can't say that I personally cared for the way the final book ended, but I wont give too much away.  I guess we can't always have our way when there's a love triangle.  I liked the main character and pretty much all of the supporting cast.  And I've found myself doing a fair amount of research on the series since I finished it, so apparently it stuck with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment