Monday, February 7, 2011

Kristen: 3 & 4 of 15

Title: Vision in White
Author: Nora Roberts
Pages: 343
Rating: ***1/2



Title: Bed of Roses
Author: Nora Roberts
Pages: 358
Rating: *** 1/2

When I mentioned that I was doing the 15 book challenge, Chads mom gave me a few books to read by her favorite author, Nora Roberts.  I've never read any of her work, but figured I'd give it a try.  The reason I'm posting these two in the same post is twofold: 1) I read them in the same weekend and didn't have time to blog after completing the first one and 2) They are both part of the same four part series.

Having said that, "The Bride Quartet" as these books are referred follow a group of four lifelong besties who are also partners in "the" wedding company called Vows.  Each book is centered one of the girls.  Each of whom specializes in one of the aspects of the biz, i.e. the photographer, florist, pastry chef and the wedding planner.

The first in the series, Vision in White, follows Mackensie or "Mac" the professional photographer of the group.  She's always felt that for her love and romance should be on the other side of the camera lens or in a picture frame, certainly not something to let into her heart... until she comes smack head on with the cutie brother of a potential client. 

The second book, Bed of Roses, follows Emma the ridiculously beautiful and hopelessly romantic florist.  Never with out a date any night of the week because she's constantly searching for the one who will sweep her off her feet.

These books, while a little predictable, are light hearted, fun, quick & easy reads.  They focus on the bonds of friendship with touching moments and mixed in with plenty of romance.  Both books left me wanting to read the next.  I look forward to the next two, even if I pretty much have already predicted the outcomes of each of them.  I'm sure it will be enjoyable to see it played out.

No comments:

Post a Comment